Apex Plumbing and Heating supply and fit the high-end Dualflo water softener which, together with our high flow fitting kit, are ideally suited to Megaflo and pressurised hot water systems. As Megaflo specialist, this is the only water softener we would recommend.
Dualflo water softeners are powered by a highly accurate metering system using water pressure alone, which means they use less salt and water than other softeners on the market, and best of all, require no maintenance or programming.
The technologically advanced design and superb flow rates, make the Dualflo water softener ideally suited to a Megaflo (or Unvented) water system. Other water softeners may restrict the incoming flow rate and significantly reduce the Megaflo performance.
Dualflo water softeners are built in the UK for British plumbing systems, and will give you many years of excellent, reliable service.
Dualflo water softeners boast many features; they are compact, non electric and use block salt for regeneration. The salt is not used to soften the water, but is used to release the hardness minerals from the resin.
There are no user controls; the regeneration process is automatically initiated according to the water consumption – there is no user intervention required, so nothing to get wrong!
The Hard Facts
- Hard water delivers lime-scale right at the heart of your plumbing system
- Scale blocks pipes, furs up boilers, affects the functioning of appliances
- Scum takes the bubble out of your bath water and leaves a sticky, dull residue on your hair, skin and clothes
- Rinsed crockery and glassware looks streaky, baths and sinks look smeary
- Towels and nappies may feel stiff and rough after washing
- Immediate savings on heating energy
- Cuts down on repair, replacement and maintenance of pipes and appliances
- Puts the sparkle back into baths, sinks, showers, crockery and glassware
- No more blocked shower heads, scum rings in the bath or furred kettles
- Acts as a natural conditioner on fibres as well as your own hair and skin
- Gives rich lather from very little soap, and crystal clear water for rinsing
- Saves on washing machine and dishwasher chemicals
- Softened water descales old cylinders too
You don’t have to replace existing hot water cylinders and plumbing. Softened water will descale your pipes and dissolve away all existing scale
- Reduced maintenance costs
Washing machines, dishwashers, boilers, hot water cylinders, showers, kettles, irons, coffee makers…. every appliance which uses water is more efficient and lasts longer
- You can take a softener anywhere
The latest softeners are plumbed in very easily. If you move home it’s no more difficult to take it with you than a washing machine or dishwasher
- More hot water, faster and cheaper
- Compact Dimensions – H 490mm x D 460mm x Width 212mm
How Does It Work?
Hard water pumped into your home passes through a bed of resin crystal beads in the unit which capture the lime scale and minerals by an ionising process. When the beads become exhausted, they are automatically regenerated by flushing through a salt water solution. Because of its technologically advanced design and unique features, Dualflo has more efficient operation than conventional models, which makes it the best performer on the market.
- Low Water Usage
A positive displacement meter accurately measures the volume of water used to regenerate the softener. Only 17 litres are used – every time, all the time, no inaccurate paddle meters.
Reliability is enhanced by using the softened water produced by the softener to power the control system so it doesn’t get clogged by the hard water.
- Twin Cylinders
Water flows through both cylinders, enabling high flow rate. This is important for Megaflo and high performance unvented water systems.